|submitted by _smudger_ to Bitcoin [link] [comments]|
Playlist with Andreas Antonopoulos as well as a few other classics. Is meant for people completely new to bitcoin.
Took quite awhile to assemble this playlist. Playlist is in chronological order. Watch in that sequence. Adjust playing speed in youtube to suit your needs.
Consider this page 1 in a series. May be updated from time to time.
Who is in control
- What is Bitcoin? (v2) 1min36
- The real value of bitcoin and crypto currency technology - The Blockchain explained 6min15
- Bitcoin Cryptocurrency Crash Course with Andreas Antonopoulos 1h12
- Introduction to Bitcoin 37min16
- Bitcoin 101 | Balaji Srinivasan 28min
How does it work
- Bitcoin Q&A: Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? 4min16
- Open source watch till 6min11
- Bitcoin Q&A: Is Bitcoin development centralised? 2min06
- Bitcoin Q&A: Is Bitcoin a democracy? 7min58
- Who is in control watch till 23min19
- Governance watch till 14min39
Security (and who's backing it)
- The Essence of How Bitcoin Works (Non-Technical) 5min24
- Ever wonder how Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) actually work? 26min20
- What is Bitcoin Mining? 1min55
- Bitcoin Q&A: What is mining? 3min10
By the love of God, watch first video entirely (click link in description once you understand). Don't be goxxed!
- JOE ROGAN ASKS ANDREAS ANTONOPOULOS "CAN BITCOIN BE HACKED?" 9min01
- KEVIN ROSE ASKS ANDREAS ANTONOPOULOS ABOUT QUANTUM COMPUTING 8min58
- Talking Bitcoin With the Winklevosses | Disrupt SF 2013 25min13
- Bitcoin Fireside Chat with Marc Andreessen and Balaji Srinivasan - Coinsumm.it watch till 24min08
- Bitcoin: Where the Laws of Mathematics Prevail 23min47
Some videos about bitcoin being a bubble
- Not your keys? Not your Bitcoin. Featuring Andreas Antonopoulos
- ROGAN & ANDREAS: BITCOIN | MT. GOX | BANKING | FEDERAL RESERVE 14min07
Some basic economics
- Bitcoin 101 - Why Bitcoin's Growth is Normal & The S-Curves You Could Never See 20min46
- BITCOIN BUBBLE - Andreas Antonopoulos 4min38
- Don't Buy Bitcoin. It's Going To Crash!!! 55s
- 21 Inc. CEO: Bitcoin Is Still Alive 2min56
- Michael B. Casey article concerning the gartner hype cycle
- The paradox of value - Akshita Agarwal 3min45
- Bitcoin Q&A: Price volatility, pegging, stability 9min14
- JOE ROGAN ASKS ANDREAS WHY DOES THE PRICE OF BITCOIN FLUCTUATE SO MUCH 9min05
- Bitcoin Q&A: Price premiums and arbitrage 7min03
- How to value a bitcoin 8min54
Altcoins vs Bitcoin
- ANDREAS ANTONOPOULOS EXPLAINS TO JOE ROGAN WHY BITCOIN IS SO IMPORTANT 18min18
- Bitcoin Q&A: Crossing the chasm of theoretical vs. real need 9min33
- The Value In Cryptocurrency Explained By A Crypto Hedge Fund CIO 4min58
- Why Jamie Dimon Called Bitcoin A Fraud - Ari Paul 1min19
- The Economics Of Bitcoin And Why It’s A Long Term Asset - Simon Dixon Interview 57min22
Worried about high fees or the slow transactions? See the motivation behind the fee structure (pay special attention to the last video)
- Bitcoin Q&A: Do altcoins threaten to replace bitcoin? 4min49
- Altcoins and the scaling debate 10min05
- Bitcoin Q&A: Unstoppable code 8min31
Important classics about the theory of money
- ANDREAS EXPLAINS TO KEVIN ROSE THAT BITCOIN TX'S WILL BE 100X VISA'S 16min12
- Bitcoin Q&A: Governance and the transaction fee market 5min53
- Bitcoin Q&A: Fee markets, SegWit, and scaling 7min51
- The Debate Within Bitcoin: Jameson Lopp vs. Roger Ver on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash 56min36
- Delivering Liberty, at Scale 30min15
Early classics (last video is gold :p)
- The Stories We Tell About Money 47min27
- Erik Voorhees - The Role of Bitcoin as Money - Bitcoin 2013 Conference 33min25
- Why Bitcoin is Better Than Gold, with Wences Casares 7min17
- The Killer App: Engineering the Properties of Money 29min14
Important backdrop for why bitcoin emerged starring Stefan Molyneux and Mike Maloney
- Bitcoin 101: What Happens When We Decentralize Money? 20min42
- Everything You Need to Know About Bitcoin: VICE Podcast 027 1h01
- Max Keiser - Bitcoin, Bernanke & Buffett | London Real watch till 1h02
Bitcoin's larger importance with Andreas Antonopoulos
- The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind - Hidden Secrets of Money 4 29min34
- Janet Yellen doesn't want the Fed audited. Buy Bitcoin. 2min (pay attention when you reach 1min13)
- Bitcoin: The Psychology of Money - Stefan Molyneux speaks at the Texas Bitcoin Conference 41min36
- The Truth About Bitcoin 51min
Banking and Blockchain with Andreas Antonopoulos
- KEVIN ROSE & ANDREAS ANTONOPOULOS TALK BITCOIN AND DECENTRALIZATION 20min27
- 2015 Andreas Antonopoulos - Bitcoin - PART 1/2| London Real 46min46
- 2017 Andreas Antonopoulos - The Death of Money - PART 1/2 | London Real 47min52
- Singularity | Andreas Antonopoulos: Bitcoin isn't currency; it's the internet of money! 1h23
- Immutability and Proof-of-Work - the planetary scale digital monument 1h16
- Andreas M Antonopoulos - The Future of Cryptocurrencies 51min17
- "Moore's Law" with Andreas Antonopoulos (from Joe Rogan Experience #490) 8min57
- Bitcoin and the Banks - Five Stages of Grief by Andreas M. Antonopoulos 19min29
- Deloitte | Andreas Antonopoulos: Bitcoin isn't currency; it's the internet of money! 37min14
- "Blockchain" or Bitcoin: Understanding the differences 30min19
- Bitcoin Q&A: What will replace our current banking system after the currency crisis? 3min14
- Bitcoin Q&A: Why are decentralised networks resistant? - Inefficiency is the Price of Freedom 8min08
- Bitcoin Q&A: Irreversibility and consumer protection 4min22
- Hard Promises, Soft Promises: Promoting Autonomy instead of Authority 24min26
- Andreas Antonopoulos: The Case Against Reputation and Identity Systems 10min36
- Balaji Srinivasan at Startup School 2013 16min29
- [The Currency Wars and Bitcoin's Neutra...
I was at Blockshow Asia in Singapore this week and saw a ton of interesting talks and presentations. My favorite was Simon Dixon, of Bank To The Future - who stated that even at $10,000, Bitcoin was still the most undervalued asset in the world.
His claim was supported by his strong belief that institutional money has still not yet entered the space. This isn't exactly a revelation since that it a widely held belief by many bitcoin bulls, but Simon had an interesting way of describing the situation Wall Street currently finds itself in.
Dixon described bitcoin as the first investment in modern history that the small time investor has access to before Wall Street, which is hamstrung by the lack of regulation in the space. However, once Wall Street is able to enter, they will in a big way. With CME Futures on the horizon eventually paving the way for an ETF, their entry seems all but inevitable and they're not going to be buying with pocket change.
Dixon said that whether individual fund managers are believers in bitcoin or not, they will have no choice to put their clients into BTC because it is one of the few investments that at present, is completely uncorrelated to the mainstream capital markets. Finding uncorrelated assets is a very basic element to traditional diversified portfolio management (which is also discussed in Chris Burniske's Cryptoassets), so it will be a no-brainer for them whether they like it or not.
He also discussed the properties that will establish Bitcoin as the powerhouse he believes it is destined to become - the fact that it is the world's first truly neutral currency, that doesn't care about any specific country or government and can't be shut down by them either.
On fiat currencies, he does not see them ever going away but sees a future where people can spend their local inflationary fiat currencies but hold their wealth in cryptocurrencies that have zero connection to whichever country someone lives in. The fact that people will have a choice will ultimately keep governments honest because if they abuse their power, everyone will be free to move their wealth and the government will be powerless to stop it.
Lastly, he predicted that in 2018 we'll see the entire cryptocurrency market reach a trillion dollar valuation. He said that there will be will be bubbles, casualties, scams and regulation along the way but ultimately, the move towards a trillion is already fast in motion.
I'll be traveling around Asia for the next couple months writing about all of the cool blockchain and cryptocurrency tech that's developing here. You guys can support me by subscribing to my website - www.cryptoambit.com. Anything of value I learn, I'll do my best to pass it on to you guys since I've already learned a ton from the reddit community. Thanks!
Simon Dixon: "Bitcoin and crypto are so different things to so many different people" 0 By BusinessDigit.com Cryptocurrencies December 4, 2017. Cointelegraph begins to publish series of flash interviews with fascinating speakers and guests from BlockShow Asia that took place in Singapore in November 2017. Simon Dixon, an English businessman, entrepreneur, banking reformer and angel investor ... Simon Dixon: What we’re seeing, over the years, is that liquidity was ultra-low in the early days and volume has significantly increased. We still have a very volatile asset based upon people not knowing what impact Bitcoin’s going to have in the world. What we have seen is that with each cycle, each boom and bust, the percentage correction seems to decrease, and it seems to be converging ... Simon Dixon is an ex-investment banker; early Bitcoin investor; co-founder and CEO of BnkToTheFuture.com which is responsible for over $850m invested in crypto companies; Author of the first published book in the world to cover Bitcoin (Bank To The Future: Protect Your Future Before Governments Go Bust); and angel investor in many of the largest companies in Bitcoin including Bitstamp, Kraken ... Responding to the BanktoTheFuture investment platform co-founder Simon Dixon, Schiff pointed out that unlike fiat and Bitcoin, gold does have real value, which is why people trust it. Image via @PeterSchiff "Wrong. People accept gold because of its value. People accept fiat and bitcoin dispite its lack of value because they think others will also overlook this flaw and accept it as well ... Mr. Dixon does note, however, that each successive Bitcoin bear market is slightly longer, and with every longer bear market there follows a higher new high. And so, based on past performance, Simon fully expects Bitcoin at $100,000 to crash to $20,000 with an extended bear market prior to the next bull market after that.
[index]          
Simon Dixon was at the Blockchain Global Summit in Hong Kong and he is going to tell us what happened there. Was there a lot of Bcash talk? Maximo is back on the to tell us what is going on with ... Tel Aviv, Israel- I just traveled a long distance so I thought now would be the perfect time for special This week in Bitcoin show! Simon Dixon comprises the... Simon Dixon, CEO of @BnkToTheFuture.com speaks to @Crypto Mug Investors Podcast. He has extensive knowledge in economics that goes back 20 years and this lead him to bitcoin not long after its ince... Philadelphia, PA- I flew out here on a red eye from LA and I am catching up on life. The show must go on. Simon Dixon was the very special guest talking about all aspects of Bitcoin. From ... Simon Dixon founder of BankToTheFuture.com and author of 'Bank To The Future' discusses BitCoin on BBC News. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1907720375 London hel...